My birth place, Novi Sad Serbia

I was born in Novi Sad in 1941 in a lovely house on the shores of Danube River,  today Liman I. Most of my early memories are associated with the river and the Strand (the Novi Sad beach). Today, the university campus is on the location where our neighborhood used to be. The campus was created in the late 1950's and early 1960's, and to create it, our house along with all of our neighbors homes were taken away. Some families, including ours, were never compensated for the the loss.

Here are a few pictures of me on the Danube that my father took in the summer of 1943. I have no pictures of the house in Novi Sad


















At the time of my birth my father, Karoly Wissinger, (Karlo Visinger, in Serbian) was working on the interior designs of the Banovina building. The architect of the building was Dragisa Brasovan. Today the building serves as the government offices for Vojvodina Region.

My father and samples of his work inside Banovina.














We left the house in Novi Sad and moved into Grandmother's house in Futog, where my brother still lives. My sister and her family live in Novi Sad. So when I come for a visit I spend much of my time shuttling between her place and the family home in Futog.

Comments

Michelle said…
I didn't know that you guys used to live in Novi Sad before moving to Futog!

Popular posts from this blog

Mid Carolina Run Shop Hop 2012

Blessings