Alaska Cruise

After years of resisting, I finally went on a cruise. 

Why did I resist? What could one do on a ship for days at the time? I imagined it is just eating, eating and more eating. In my mind there was nothing really appealing on a cruise because I felt it was too confining. I prefer to be more active on my travels. I like to hike and I like to camp. My idea of a good vacation was to spend  time packing a tent, sleeping bags, food in a cooler chest, then drive miles and miles, set up the tent and cook a dinner over a camp stove, clean dishes in cold water and go to sleep in a sleeping bag. What a wonderful vacation! Right?

Me, Grandma Oma
And than, I went on a CRUISE,  and I now, am hooked! What a great way to be spoiled! It is wonderful to be in a comfortable cabin, enjoy the views, take short hikes on the shore and then come back to a made bed with a piece of chocolate on my pillow. Why did I ever resisted a cruise?


Here are some more pictures from this trip.
Leaving Seattle

My friend Diane


My friend Diane and my favorite travel partner.










I got spoiled. Our beds were made and turned down every day. We had a piece of chocolate on our pillow waiting for us every night. Fruits and snacks were delivered to our cabin.



Tracy Fjord Alaska
There is nothing to worry about, but just have fun, fun, fun! Sitting on the balcony with cheese and crackers and a glass of wine is a way to enjoy life and these sites.  The glaciers and the surrounding steep mountains were breathtaking.  What  surprised me even more were the humming birds. They were flying all around our balconies. We were told that these tiny birds migrate back and forth from Alaska to Mexico. How can this smallest of all birds fly thousands of miles every year from the sunny places of Mexico to these harsh, but gorgeous areas in Alaska? These birds are incredible.

Our cruise ship, The Golden Princess




Our cabin was on the back of the ship, just a few feet from the back swimming pool. It was fun getting in the pool and still see the sites.

Pool just outside our cabin
Outdoor movie theatre and pool with waves

Ketchikan

Totem park outside Juno
Hope to see Alaska again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mid Carolina Run Shop Hop 2012

Blessings

My birth place, Novi Sad Serbia