A project

I haven't been blogging for a little while because I was busy restoring an old bench.

I had this bench for years and it was falling apart and was ready for the dump. I decided to fix it and give it a new life.

First I needed to unscrew the old rusty screws that were holding the old broken boards. I used the good old  WD-40, but that did not work, everything was way too much encrusted with rust. So, I decided to use a hack saw (reminds me of breaking out of a jail) and saw all the screw heads of. Then, I got some pine boards, conditioned them with Benite and painted them with six coats of Sea Fin Teak Oil. Once the boards dried I drilled the holes for the new screws and put the bench together. And voila.... my new bench!


Isn't it pretty?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mid Carolina Run Shop Hop 2012

Blessings

My birth place, Novi Sad Serbia