The train to Budapest

I left Kiev on a train to Budapest. This train ride lasted 24 hours.

Hallway of the 1st class train
The ride was very comfortable, way better than flying - and cheaper. The other savings of an overnight train ride is that one does not need to pay for a hotel and one wakes up, one is in a new city. There were very few people in this wagon and I was the only mature traveler.  The sights from the train were beautiful. Many quaint villages, but I was most impressed by the well maintained gardens and fields. There were gardens even right next to the train tracks.

In my spare time, when I was not taking pictures, or looking at the sights, I read and I did some applique work on my quilt.

Here are some of these pictures.

All along the way, throughout Russia and Ukraine, there are these beautiful birch tree forests.
Birch forest
And here are these fields all the way from Kiev to Hungary. I never saw a car, but I did see plenty of horses and buggies.



All these pictures were taken from the train while we were zipping along at a pretty fast pace.

Next morning at 11am, the train arrived to Budapest. My brother-in-law, Miki, my sister, Maria, and my nephew, Tibi waited for me at the  station.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mid Carolina Run Shop Hop 2012

Blessings

My birth place, Novi Sad Serbia